Usually, I write my posts for both men and women to enjoy reading. Even when I wrote my Travel Tips article, including details about what’s in my travel kit, I threw in a few golden nuggets for the men folk. Because axe body spray and mints are all you need in life, amiright? But this post – not so much. So if you are a man and still reading this, consider yourself fair warned. :)
Curiosity is a funny thing. I think if you ask most women, they will admit to wanting to sacrifice many personal items for just one glance inside another woman’s bag. What’s her go-to lipstick brand? How does she keep her hair so shiny? Is there a small mountain of bobby pins and gum wrappers at the bottom, like mine?
I might not be able to solve all of your nosiness woes, but today I’m offering up a sneak peek into what’s normally in my bag – heaps of bobby pins, and all. And, please, let me know in the comments what you’re toting around so I don’t have to sacrifice my favorite pair of shoes or a right limb hoping for a glance in your purse. I need some help!
1. The bag. It was pretty terrible going through life without my magenta Longchamp bag. This was a gift from ole mama years after my time studying abroad in France. I love it’s size; it’s perfect for weekends away, airport travel and just wandering around town.
2. Panty Liners are one of my favorite things right now. Forget the image in your head of a ‘clunky diaper,’ liners are lightweight, flexible and seamless – perfect for the tail-end of that time of the month, or when you just need some extra protection. #freshisfierce
3. Hand Sanitizer – A necessity for every situation you could ever find yourself in.
4. A Compact Mirror is my Mother Theresa. Sometimes angelic, sometimes sweet, and always there to lend a helping hand.
5. The elephant. Of course, we had to talk about the bobby pins! Yes – just like you – I always have piles of them at the bottom of every bag, scattered on the floor of my home and out swimming in the unknowns. My favorite are the miniature sized ones that are perfect for the
occasional frequent fly-away’s and loose pieces of hair going awol.
6. So, the other day. I actually thought about spending money on expensive makeup – like the really nice kind that promises to remove every flaw on your body. Before spending a bunch of money, I googled the difference between expensive and drugstore makeup and surprisingly learned that most of it has to do with the applicator, brand name (duh) and sometimes the small, tiny particles in the makeup. Needless to say, I went out and grabbed some nice makeup brushes, and threw one in my bag for touch-ups on the go! Problem solved.
7. Long lash effect. Some women’s secret weapon is a concealer stick, or a light stroke of powder after a long day. Mine is a mascara swipe – or two.
8. Hi! Remember when I wrote a love letter to Chapstick? I always have at least two in my bag.
the real deal.
I was given Carefree acti-fresh panty liners complimentary in exchange for my thoughts on this blog post. All opinions are entirely my own.