*Truth be told – this post was supposed to go out this morning. Got to love technology issues!*
Woop! Another Friday in the books! I’m going to be honest – not much has been happening lately over in this neck of the woods. So, today’s post is a bit of a mash up between exciting events and link love for some awesome bloggers’ posts these past few days. I hope that you’re having a great week wherever you are! :)
1. My cousin applied for a job in Charleston, SC a couple weeks ago. After a few interviews, she got the job!!! I always hear how difficult it is to apply for jobs in another state so I am super impressed and happy for her!! And, so are a lot of other people on Facebook. Haha.
2. Guys – this is kind of weird. Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line are coming to the Nationals stadium in a couple of weeks. I’ve actually known about this concert for a long time, but originally decided, for various reasons, not to buy tickets. Well, I’ve been waking up with dreams this week that I’m going to the concert!! I think God is trying to tell me something… So, I naturally bought tickets today for the show.
3. I really enjoyed Kenzie’s post on motherhood over at Hello Neverland this week. As a mother of a two-week old, she discusses her struggles with raising a newborn child and her associated feelings regarding self-pity. Even though I’m not a mother, I easily related to her emotions regarding self-reflection and faith.
4. Ever since I gave up cable, I’ve been intrigued by other families’ stories of how they cut the cable lines. Hayley over at A Beautiful Exchange writes an awesome post on all the resources her family uses instead of watching cable. Have you ever thought of giving it up?
5. I celebrated my friends wedding this weekend, and also met my other friend’s baby. She is the most chill child ever!
Hi, all. I am trying something new this week! I’ve been following along my friend Lindsay’s blog (Pursuit of Pink) for a little while now, as you may remember from the couple of times she’s appeared in my Link Love editions. Admittedly, one of my favorite posts that she participates in each week is this little number called High Five for Friday. It’s a simple post with five of her favorite moments from the past week. It’s always so much fun to read that I decided to take a stab at creating one myself – plus I just really needed to find a way to incorporate this picture of my dog into one of my posts. Hey – it’s a win/win?!
1. I finally made it back to my crossfit gym this past week. Boy, am I out of shape (that is a different story). For now, I was happy that going back to the gym also gave me an excuse to swing by my favorite smoothie shop!
2. This bad boy came in the mail the other day. I’ve been working on finding / applying for some freelance opportunities, and I’m hoping that Yahoo’s Style Guide will help me brush up on my SEO / online writing skills.
3. This is what we’ve all been waiting for! Kina had a little face-time action, the other day, with her cousin, Buster!
4. My cousin sent me this heartwarming video of a commercial in Thailand. I didn’t even realize it was an advertisement until the last second. So touching! It very closely relates to 31 Random Acts, don’t ya think?
5. I grabbed dinner this week with my friend, Melissa. I totally forgot to snap a picture with her, but here’s where we went!