When I looked back over my blog posts in 2013, there was one thing that I noticed was missing: a post on my favorite things! For the two years prior, I participated in a link up on The Nesting Place and wrote about the current favorite things in my household. If you even want to read the post about how I couldn’t pick any one thing one year, you can do that too!
Luckily, Mama Kat swooped in to save the day in 2014, and included a writing prompt this week on “5 of your current favorite things” (Prompt #3).
In no particular order, here are my five favorite things right now:
1. Microsoft Surface RT (1st edition) – I picked up this bad boy at Best Buy’s Black Friday sale this year (I know, I’m one of those people…), and I absolutely love it! In fact, I’m writing this blog post on it right now. It is the true definition of a tablet and laptop in-one-device. I can tap different apps with my pointer finger and use Microsoft Word with a keyboard. If you are in the market for a tablet, definitely check it out… especially this cheaper listing I found on Amazon (affiliate link)!
2. Gummy Vitamins – You can thank my mom for this one, haha. She put gummy vitamins in my Christmas stocking this year! I was surprised by how much I love these things. First of all, the taste is addicting; they are like gummy candies! I know that vitamins have been under some scrutiny lately. Personally, I believe that many people go out and buy multi-purpose vitamins without understanding how the vitamins intend to help their body. For instance, did you know that people living in the Western hemisphere actually don’t need to consume extra Vitamin C because we already eat a lot of it in our normal diets? Or – that your body won’t actually process Calcium unless it is eaten with Magnesium? I didn’t either – until I conducted some research last year! Now, I know that the folic acid and the Vitamin E found in these gummies help fight off my body’s constant inflammation!
3. Old Navy Infinity Scarf – People, do you know what got me through the Polar Vortex? This sole clothing item. This scarf is so warm and cozy; I can’t imagine surviving a winter without it. I like it so much, I bought my sister one in the gray color! (They are sold out online, but if you visit this page, they are the pink and black scarves at the lower left corner. Try to find one in stock at a nearby store!)
4. L’Occitane Lip Balm – Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a Chapstick addict. Oh, wait, did you already know that after I wrote a love letter to Chapstick??! Anyways… at the top of my lip balm food chain is this L’Occitane item. It’s smooth, yet also exfoliates and leaves my lips with the perfect amount of shine.
5. Glade Candles – I actually stumbled upon this item in the clearance aisle of Target. The vanilla and cinnamon spice versions were on sale for $2 and I swapped those babies up! They smell good, people – so good the smell seems to linger in the air even when the candle is not lit. Additionally, there are no labels glued to the glass, which means once you remove its paper lining, you get a pretty glass candle on your countertop! :)