Inspired by Mama Kat’s #3 prompt: List 6 things you are going to miss about summer. Am I in a poem phase? xoxoI poured you on my pancakes this morning The syrup took hours to drip, slow as molasses That’s part of your allure, Summer How you slow churn Time like buttermilk batter I love how easy your late nights crawl out of slumber Soothing me like a meditative drummer The stroke of midnight dances off the fireflies As I stay awake full of your surprise The icing of your season is the lazy, idle tempo The slurring crescendo Sloth like and moth full Even insects move to the beat of your purr Oh Summer, if I boiled you down to one word I’d have to pick simple It’s written on the cut of my shorts, the grass stained t-shirt Your flowers lace my hair with elementary opium I’m addicted to your silly conundrums Your colors are blissful A chromatic pistol I’m caught up in your vibrant missile Of picturesque sunset litter A few birds chirping. Kids laughter. I fall in love with your constant chatter How the sounds of your existence caress me with murmurs that these are the times to remember Hey, Summer. I would call you, but I forgot your number You’re breaking up in the back to school mumbles Is this all I get until the fall of September? When I will be missing all of you and more
*Truth be told – this post was supposed to go out this morning. Got to love technology issues!*
Woop! Another Friday in the books! I’m going to be honest – not much has been happening lately over in this neck of the woods. So, today’s post is a bit of a mash up between exciting events and link love for some awesome bloggers’ posts these past few days. I hope that you’re having a great week wherever you are! :)
1. My cousin applied for a job in Charleston, SC a couple weeks ago. After a few interviews, she got the job!!! I always hear how difficult it is to apply for jobs in another state so I am super impressed and happy for her!! And, so are a lot of other people on Facebook. Haha.
2. Guys – this is kind of weird. Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line are coming to the Nationals stadium in a couple of weeks. I’ve actually known about this concert for a long time, but originally decided, for various reasons, not to buy tickets. Well, I’ve been waking up with dreams this week that I’m going to the concert!! I think God is trying to tell me something… So, I naturally bought tickets today for the show.
3. I really enjoyed Kenzie’s post on motherhood over at Hello Neverland this week. As a mother of a two-week old, she discusses her struggles with raising a newborn child and her associated feelings regarding self-pity. Even though I’m not a mother, I easily related to her emotions regarding self-reflection and faith.
4. Ever since I gave up cable, I’ve been intrigued by other families’ stories of how they cut the cable lines. Hayley over at A Beautiful Exchange writes an awesome post on all the resources her family uses instead of watching cable. Have you ever thought of giving it up?
5. I celebrated my friends wedding this weekend, and also met my other friend’s baby. She is the most chill child ever!
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth