Hi, all. I am trying something new this week! I’ve been following along my friend Lindsay’s blog (Pursuit of Pink) for a little while now, as you may remember from the couple of times she’s appeared in my Link Love editions. Admittedly, one of my favorite posts that she participates in each week is this little number called High Five for Friday. It’s a simple post with five of her favorite moments from the past week. It’s always so much fun to read that I decided to take a stab at creating one myself – plus I just really needed to find a way to incorporate this picture of my dog into one of my posts. Hey – it’s a win/win?!
1. I finally made it back to my crossfit gym this past week. Boy, am I out of shape (that is a different story). For now, I was happy that going back to the gym also gave me an excuse to swing by my favorite smoothie shop!
2. This bad boy came in the mail the other day. I’ve been working on finding / applying for some freelance opportunities, and I’m hoping that Yahoo’s Style Guide will help me brush up on my SEO / online writing skills.
3. This is what we’ve all been waiting for! Kina had a little face-time action, the other day, with her cousin, Buster!
4. My cousin sent me this heartwarming video of a commercial in Thailand. I didn’t even realize it was an advertisement until the last second. So touching! It very closely relates to 31 Random Acts, don’t ya think?
5. I grabbed dinner this week with my friend, Melissa. I totally forgot to snap a picture with her, but here’s where we went!
I’ve been thinking a lot about Sundays lately. Ever since I started spending time with a certain someone, I’ve been trying to wrap my head around his belief in working most weekends. At first, he would spend a number of hours Sunday afternoon / evening making phone calls and prepping for the week ahead. I was absolutely shocked.
Had he never heard ‘That’s What I Love about Sundays” by Craig Morgan?! (He had not.) Craig taught me, early on, that Sundays are for some chicken, baked beans, home, blue jeans and, most importantly, ‘not doing much of anything.’
So, naturally, I convinced him highly suggested that he work on Saturdays and leave Sundays for the rest, relaxation and recharge we all need. And, since we’ve spent the past number of weeks in Sunday bliss, I started noticing a few things that guarantee a Perfect Sunday.
Start off with an amazing meal – One of our favorite, and most consistent, activities has been making breakfast together every Sunday morning. Whether it’s applesauce pancakes or eggs & bacon (just bacon for me, please), nothing starts the Perfect Sunday off better than some hearty food in our stomach.
Do something outside – This is a big one for me, and usually involves a quick trip to the dog park with Kina, also known these days as Kin Bean (that’s pronounced KEEN-BEAN, kinda like green bean.) Anyways – it was funny – one time, we* finally ventured off the couch and outdoors for the first time around 5pm in the evening, a.k.a. granny’s bedtime. Even though it was late and our adventure was short, we both commented on how nice it was that we got outside for the day. Another Sunday Success!
Connect with others – Whether it’s calling a family member, a friend or meeting up with someone for brunch, a Sunday is not complete without a connection to a loved one.
Watch a great show – This is one of our favorite activities!! And, with the recent purchase of my Apple TV, much easier to ensure that we’re watching the best latest shows. Walking Dead, True Detective, Cosmos and House of Cards are some of our weekly watches right now. What are you watching?
Do one thing productive – A load or two of laundry, finally paying that bill you’ve been putting off or even something as simple as packing your lunch for the next day. Completing at least one productive thing on Sunday helps set a great tone for the week ahead.
How do you spend your Sundays?
*Apologies for the excessive use of the word ‘we’ in this post. As in, sorry I’m not sorry. :P